From the President: Class Project Update and MOU Signed
Email sent via Classmail 5/29/18
Class of 1996,
I’m happy to announce that after of about a year in work, we finally have our MOU signed between our class, USNA, and the Alumni Association. Based on feedback from you all and alignment with USNA priorities, here is our “Class Project”:
Conservation of the First and Second-Class Benches and their supporting plinths and cannon (Bench Conservation) – 50% ($300k). See attached photos
Project Based Learning (PBL) – 27%
Athletic Excellence (AE) – 8%
Naval Academy Fund (NAF) – 15%
Shortly, our class project/funraising lead (Brian Reardon) will start our campaign to start raising funds so I won’t steal his thunder. If you have specific questions, he’ll be able to answer them.
I did want to point out, that if you don’t like the ratio we picked, you can designate the proportion of your donation and where it goes to as long (as it’s one of the four items). If you don’t like any of the four, then you can still give to whatever you want and it will count toward our lifetime giving amount but not our project.
Coincidently, the All-Academy Challenge will be starting this Wednesday. The point of this is to get the highest participation rate (versus highest dollar value) between all the Academies. If you would like to donate during the Challenge, it will count toward our Project but it isn’t directly a part of our fundraising effort.
Keep an eye our for details!
« In Memoriam: Teresa Elders
- QOD: ’96 Class Project Donations December 3, 2018
- Army-Navy Pre-Game Class of ’96 Brunch in Philadelphia December 3, 2018
- Giving Tuesday: Notes About Gifts and Pledges November 27, 2018
- In the News: Mark Mhley Takes Grand Prize for Re4ormed November 15, 2018
- From the President: ’96 Annual Update and Fall COCP Report November 13, 2018
- In Memoriam: Jeff Dixon November 10, 2018
- DC Metro Area Open House for Prospective USNA Candidates October 10, 2018
- ’96 Class Gift and Annual Donations October 9, 2018
- ’96 Navy Football Jerseys October 9, 2018
- All Academy Challenge: 31 May – 04 June May 31, 2018
- 25th Reunion (1)
- 30th Reunion (1)
- 96 in the News (3)
- Announcements (7)
- Army-Navy (6)
- Class Project (8)
- Events (12)
- From the Yard (2)
- Memorial (5)
- Networking (5)